Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Well, I (Acutally) Did It!

Omg! I BC'd Monday. I'm still in the 'Omg, I cut my hair!' stage. It's not a bad OICMH, though. BC-ing has just sorta been on my mind (a LOT) lately. And I've read that you shouldn't BC until you're ready. So I had changed my mind about setting a date for it. What if I wasn't ready on that date? But I was DEFINITELY not expecting to be ready this early.
I decided to go ahead and try to go through with it, Monday. I mean, hey, I must be ready if it won't stay out of my mind. So I just wet my hair (put my cheap-but-loved condish V05 Moisture Milks in) and let it dry so I could tell a little better where the relaxer ended and the NG began. I had to do that b/c I kept it pulled back so much in a bun that sometimes it actually all seemed kinda straight at times. When it dried, I started at the top. I picked up each clump, examined it, and SNIP! I started to get impatient cutting each clump, so they eventually got bigger and bigger... then I just held all the hair I could and started cutting! hehe!
You wanna know something? I thought I was gonna be devastated when I cut my hair. I thought I'd just curl up into a ball and cry my eyes out like I had lost a loved one or something. But, amazingly, I was just like 'hm... I cut my hair. Oh well...It'll grow back.'
Another reason I did it was to help me deal with my SE issues. I believe that you have to have true confidence to rock short hair or to cut all your hair to begin with. Especially if you've never had short hair. And some of the girls from ANTM have had to do it, anyway!
Most of my friends were mad when I told them I cut my hair. LOL! I actually think it's kinda funny. Some of them said if they were my momma, they would beat my tail. But my mom likes short hair! She has really short hair, too.

Well, I'll elaborate more on this soon. The library I'm in is about to close. Bye world!

1 comment:

Kinky Rhonnie said...

So proud of you Lady Rae. You know you have your natural community of sistahs to guide you and support you.

I said it on NC but will say it again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It is a little shocking the first few days and them you begin to appreciate the freedom.

I'm one year and five month in and I sometimes miss the BC stage already but am striving for a bun/ponytail so I get over it. lol

~KR