Thursday, July 23, 2009

Well... I (Actually) Did It Cont.

Okay, so my mom was supposed to shape up my hair yesterday, but that didn't happen... So she's gonna do it today. Her boyfriend, Tony, saw my hair last night. He laughed. My hair is kinda uneven since I did it myself and I got impatient. I've been keeping a scarf around my head partly to protect my hair from the sun and partly to hide my short hair until I'm ready for everyone to see it. It'll be interesting to see the surprised looks on everyone's faces and hear the (positive and negative) comments.
So far, the only somewhat positive comment I've gotten from around me is from my mom. I've gotten negative comments from everyone else, even though they haven't seen my hair.
I'm still trying to figure things out... Like how can I avoid matted hair when I get up in the mornings... And how much will my mom have to cut tonight. I'm wearing a scarf now. I just got out of band around 5pm. I'm gonna go to my gma's house and cowash before I go home to my mom and the hair scissors, so my hair won't be matted. It might be hard for her to shape with the mat. Especially since she's never had to deal with natural hair before.

Well... I guess it's time to go home now... Bye Everyone!

1 comment:

Kinky Rhonnie said...

Hey there,

My hair felt like helmet head for the first month or so.

You can try baggying at night using a moisturizer or leave in conditioner if you want it soft in the morning. I use to baggy without applying moisturizer because what I had in my head already was enough. I personally didn't like baggying.

Personally, I ended up washing my every couple of days.

On the days that I didn't wash, I used a spritz of water, aubrey organics honeysuckle rose conditioner, and oil. I also add growth stimulating essential oils like rosemary and peppermint.