Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Long Live the King!


When I first heard the news that Michael Jackson was in the hospital, I was at a friend's house and 106 was on. We weren't really paying attention, but my ears perked up as soon as I heard. Then they announced the tragic news... I'll be honest... I didn't think much of it, then. I was shocked, but it didn't really sink in, then. I was just ready for the BET awards, thinking, 'Oh, he ain't dead! He probably gon' make a surprise appearance on the BET awards or something...'
As the day went on and over the next few days, it kinda started sinking in... Especially when Janet Jackson got on stage and started speaking... That was when my heart dropped into the bottom of my stomach and my stomach fell into one of my feet. For some reason, it's just hard for me to know that someone as great as him could just die... I easily pictured him still living whenever I got married and had kids, when they graduated, when they eventually came to my funeral... I just couldn't accept the fact that he was gone. It's still hard thinking about it now... I just want so bad to know that he is alive, walking around with us... The tears haven't come out yet, but they are definitely there... Even as I write this.
It's kinda bitter-sweet in a way, I guess... Michael's in a better place now. A much better place. The media has tried to break him down so much, but despite that, he's always had (and always will have) millions of devoted fans (like myself =D) that had his back. This man has made a big impact in so many lives! No matter where he is, Earth or Heaven, MJ will live forever.

No comments: