Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Breakage, Breakage, Breakage....

.... The title is self explanatory... When I first started my transition journey, I got a lot of breakage... I didn't really pay attention to whether I saw any white bulbs or not, but whenever I did examine the shed hairs, I saw quite a few white bulbs. Then the shedding slacked up some. But now I'm starting to get lots of breakage again... breakage is all on my ponytail holders when I take down my bun... all over my hands when I wash and detangle... I don't see any bald spots or anywhere that looks like it's about to be a bs, though. That's what keeps me from panicking as much. My hair is getting so thick and packed at the roots. It's hard dealing with the two textures. I think about perms from time to time, but I'm never tempted to get another. It might be easier to deal with my hair then, but I hate how flat and straight my hair looks... Like I said, I've developed an affinity for big, thick, curly hair...

I don't wash every day anymore... it's too hard on my wallet. (an eleventh grader with a part-time job at mickey d's that barely gets enough hours can't be buying conditioner and hair products all the time)

The other day I was at walgreens and bought some "Yes To Cucumbers" shampoo and conditioner... This was the first time I was going to shampoo since my journey started. I glanced at the back at the ingredient's to make sure I didn't see the words, 'sulphate,' 'paraben,' '-cone,' '-xane,' or anything else I recognized that is not so good for hair.... I would notice the word sulphate on the back of the shampoo when I got home later on... But since I bought it, I tried it anyway. I'm trying to find what works for my hair. I was not impressed. When I used the the products, it reminded me of when I used Mane and Tail. Mane and Tail did not impress me. Have you ever tried to wash a barbie doll's hair when you were younger??? it gets all tangly and hard to detangle and stuff. Well that's what I felt when I shampoo'd. I only shampoo'd once b/c I didn't feel I needed a second time (nor did I like the shampoo). So this little experience has renewed my motivation not to shampoo. I wasn't really impressed with the conditioner, either. It wasn't nearly as great as my Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner. And I'm more impressed with my Escencia Hydrating Conditioner than I was with this. Yes, I returned "Yes To Cucumbers" yesterday and I could only exchange since receipt had disappeared. So I got Jason's Tea Trea Scalp Normalizing Conditioner, Dickinson's Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner, and a gift card with about $4 and something on it... I haven't used the conditioner yet, since I washed with the YesTO the night before. But I can't wait to use it and see what it's like! I used the Toner (100% natural!) last night and this morning right after my Burt's Bee's Orange Essence Facial Cleanser (100% natural!). I am very impressed with my new natural facial regimen. These are my new staples!
If I'm impressed with Jason, I may just replace my Escencia with it. I love Giovanni! For now, he isn't up for replacement!

No comments: