Monday, June 15, 2009

Hmmm....

Hmmm...
I was on NC.com a few days ago(and am currently on there now, hehe!) reading through things and asking questions. I was thinking about using my Aphogee protein treatment to see if it helps with breakage. But the 1st (and last) time I used it (which was way early this year), it made my hair very VERY hard (while it was in), and it was very sticky. And it burned to (kinda like a relaxer burns)! So it was suggested that I use the Keratin Reconstructor since it's more gentle than the PT (I believe I have a sensitive scalp). But I looked at the back of the KR, and I saw it had silicones in it. I yahoo'd Curlynikki, and she said I may be protein sensitive like she is. But the majority of the NC community says maybe I should try some type of protein. The conditioners I use both have proteins in them, though.
I'm hearing some good things about Nexxus Emergencee. I might purchase it and see how my hair reacts. Or I might just try some condishes with little or no protein in them and see how my hair reacts. This is all very confusing...
I'm also thinking of trying henna. I heard cassia is good to try to, but I'm gonna take a chance and just jump to full on BAQ henna. I'm still in love with red hair, so hopefully it gives me the color/tint and conditioning and strengthening effects I'm looking for. I wasn't sure at first, but I think henna-ing it through my transition will be good for my hair. I surely hope so.

And in other non-hair related news... My weekend was ruined... =,( There's a fair that comes down here every summer for about a week (but mostly everyone just waits for the last three days and go Saturday night). Well, my p.t. job that I hate (the job that still doesn't give me that many hours even after I asked for some for the summer) had me working until midnight(closing) Friday AND Saturday. And I was only working during the fair. I've never had to work until closing. So you shoud already know that I didn't get to go... And Sunday, the fair was getting ready to close and hardly no one is there. and wristband time was over with at 5-the time I got off Sunday (I was supposed to have 3 hrs yesterday, and they sent me home at 4! that's 2 hrs!) >=( Well, that's the work world I guess. Everywhere I go to look for a job is only accepting applications... or not even doing that...
But here's the other bad part of my weekend. Sunday: I got off a little after 4. My best friend, Tim, was coming down here from Memphis 2 c me yesterday! (Yes, I have a guy as my best friend) I was so happy, that was the only thing that could lighten up this bad weekend....
So soon as I got home, I took a shower to wash away my troubles, and when I was getting dressed, my mom came to the back and told me that my little brother wanted me to take him up to the fair. I was thinking, 'WHAT!' And Tim and his brother were arriving around 5 (and they WOULD pick that day 2 arrive when they say they will), and it was getting 5 then.
So I went 2 my g-ma's house to pick up my brother. Soon as I got in, my little bro was on the phone and Tim was beeping in saying he was on his way 2 my g-ma's house. Damn Damn Damn! So I asked him if he wanted 2 go up by the fair (that was closing), and he said yea. When we all got up there, of course, they were taking things down and there was barely anyone up there. We were all ready to go, but my brother was just dead set on thinking that some of his friends were up there. So we were all leaving, and I decided to stay a little longer with him (I had my car) since he was acting so mad and upset and spoiled about it, and I told Tim that I'd meet them at the Waffle House in a little bit. We walked around a little bit, and saw a few folks we knew that were his age, but none of his friends that he thought were up there were there. So he spent $8 on a pellet gun with no pellets and $10 on some fake earrings (fair earrings) and we left.
I had parked in a different spot that when we had first gotten up there, so I was trying to be careful not to hit anyone or get hit when I was backing out b/c I couldn't see around the bit truck beside me. So when I had pulled all the way out, my brother said, "I think you hit that car. I saw it rocking..." I told him I didn't b/c we woulda heard it and felt it." I mean, we would've, right???
So I was getting ready 2 leave, but this sheriff lady that was standing outside motioned for me 2 pull over. She went and looked at the other car and came back and told me I put a small scratch in the car. Then she made us wait for the people who owned the car to get there and see what they wanted to do. We were out there for about a good half-hour... Then, this family was walking down the road leaving the fair. The husband stopped to talk to a friend. The woman and some little kids started to get in the car (they couldn't even see the scratch). That's when ms. sheriff lady hurried across the street and told husband about the scratch and pointed it out to him and wifey. They decided not to do anything. It couldn't have been bad if me and my brother didn't feel it, and they didn't even see it.
Basically, I was stuck on the lake for about an hour and a half for no good reason. And when I was on my way 2 my house, Tim, his "brother", and there friend, were outside waiting. By the time we even got in the house, we had, what, 20 minutes to hang and chill... His brother wanted to leave at 830. So, yea... that was my weekend... And I am definitely not looking forward to going home and seeing my mom... I haven't seen here since she left for work (she works at a hospital from 7p-7a). She's off today... She is gonna eat me up for this one...

Well, I have to g2 work at 130. I work from 130-5. So I guess I'm gonna go...

Rae

1 comment:

Kinky Rhonnie said...

Too much protein makes the hair brittle and brittleness leads to breakage.

You need to use moisturizing conditioners on a regular basis and only use protein conditioners occassionally.

Also, when you use a protein, follow-up with a moisturizing conditioner directly behind up.

And, up the deep conditioning treatments.

I use protein once every 4 to 6 weeks.

~Kinky Rhonnie @ http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com